Thursday, July 29, 2010

Little One

We see the evidence of your existence
Curled, cuddled in Mama's belly
Though we do not yet see you.
But we wait eagerly, expectant,
Ready to smell newborn skin
Wrapped in angel's wings.
Mama dreams of counting fingers and toes,
Kissing each while whispering
"I love YOU through and through TOO!"
Daddy imagines stealing into your room
For a peek at your precious sleeping face.
As we remember how soon you will be here,
Our tummies tickle with excitement,
To feel your soft warm weight on our chests.
Little One, do you know how much
You are already loved?



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelly T said...

Oh so very sweet, Auntie Jen! I love the precious poem you wrote and will keep it for this beloved one soon to come. How special you make this Momma feel... and full of more anticipation! Love you, sis.

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

I'm so blessed to know you, Jen. This, the thoughtfulness, the kindness, the pure, unadulterated happiness for another... this is what I love so about you.

(And? This little love-poem makes ME even more excited to *meet* Ben and Kelly's new little one...)

xoxo