Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Didn't get the memo!


Well on November 15, 2007 in the middle of the afternoon, I gave birth to a little rambunctious girl. Baby? No, she apparently didn't get the memo that she was supposed to be a newborn. Here I was ignorantly expecting a little floppy ball of sleepy baby. She had other plans. Holding her head up from day one, smiling up as if to say “Ha! Ha!”, she wiggled her way up my abdomen and into my heart! What a little miracle!

When she was a month old she only wanted to be pulled up to stand. Here at 2 months, she is looking out at the world in eager expectation!

Now she is 4 months old and is trying to crawl. I’m NOT pushing her in that direction, though, I need her immobile as long as possible! Funny how nothing ever happens how we expect. Life keeps throwing curve balls! Thank the Lord! Because if things never surprised me, how boring life would be!

I have to admit I’m nervous about keeping a blog. I’m not the best at following through. I hope for Elyssa’s sake I can keep this up!

4 comments:

Kelly T said...

I LOVE the blog! Beautiful design, and a great first post. Don't worry about posting long, poetic or philosophical diatribes. Just a sentence or two can sometimes speak volumes (especially with precious pics like these!) You'll be a great Blogger! I speak for the world when I say, "Thanks for sharing"!
Love, your little bro

Bertolli said...

Hey, its me. Its great you started a blog too because even though your closer i talk to your bro more, and i know what going on. talk 2 u latr

Kelly T said...

Jen, it's Kelly this time. I told you a few weeks ago that Elyssa would crawl first, and you didn't believe me! The race is on, hee hee! Love the blog!!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

I agree with Ben- make this a place to share milestones- that's what we all want to see! :)

You're so proud of her, it's easy to brag on a beatiful page like this! Just be aware that I'm probably going to brag on Elyssa in the comments... she's wonderful. And so are you!